At M K Landscaping, we have the experience and expertise needed to keep your lawn or turf looking its best and healthiest. Our complete lawn fertilizer service program includes several fertilizer applications throughout the growing season in order to provide your grass with the nutrients needed for proper growth. It will also help prevent and control weed growth, while controlling and preventing insect infestations that can be harmful and damaging to your grass. With our complete lawn fertilizer service, you can keep your lawn looking green and healthy.
We recommend five total fertilizer applications throughout the course of the growing season in order to keep your lawn and turf looking its best. Our complete fertilizer services will prevent the growth of weeds and control harmful insects while providing the nutrients needed for a healthy turf.
Our complete lawn fertilizing and lawn treatment services include:
- Fertilizer – Crabgrass Pre-Emergent Treatment: March or April is the ideal months for this first application. It is a pre-emergent product that will prevent weed seeds from sprouting and is intended to stop the growth of crabgrass. It will also help promote turf green up.
- Fertilizer – Broadleaf Weed Control Treatment: May is when this application is completed. It will help control and prevent the growth or spread of most types of broadleaf weeds.
- Fertilizer – Low Iron Treatment: Fertilizing with an iron fertilizer in June or July will help create a deep and even green color in the lawn even during the hot St. Louis summer.
- Optional Grub / Insect Control Treatment: Grubs and other insects can be extremely harmful to a lawn. Therefore, we apply an insect control weed treatment in June or July to help prevent these harmful insects.
- Starter Fertilizer Treatment: In September, your lawn is recovering from the long, hot St. Louis summer. This fertilizing treatment will help give your turf the nutrients it needs for this recovery paired this with overseeding.
- Winterizer Treatment: This fertilizing treatment will be applied in November. It will help prepare your turf for the winter by encouraging root growth and providing important nutrients.
We also offer a spot lawn fertilizer and weed control treatment services as needed to help control nut grass and broadleaf weed control. After weeds have already sprouted this post-emergent treatment that is applied . It is used as a spot treatment to kill nut grass and broadleaf weeds throughout a lawn.
schedule an appointment
Contact us for a no obligation estimate for your next project by completing
the form below. We will contact you to learn more about your project and
schedule a visit your home or office.